| ultimate relaxation. |
c's on a schedule. i'm not one of those moms who doesn't feed her child when she's hungry because it's not time yet or makes her stay in bed screaming when she's not tired. i do love though knowing that in 3 hours she's going to eat again, stay awake for a bit and then take a nap. most days now, it goes something like that. other days, like today, it doesn't. and for that, i get stressed.
when we first brought her home, i stressed just because i was a new mom. what was i to do with this living, breathing, beautiful child that relied on me for everything? one that screamed half the day until i cut out all dairy in my diet and started her on probiotics (thank you, KS!). then i stressed over if she was getting enough to eat. then i stressed because i had to go back to work. then i stressed because she needed a formula supplement (after stressing over i couldn't provide all the nutrition she needed) and she went through several before finally taking one.
i stress when the dogs bark, when company comes over late or when the trash runs at 5 am because i'm afraid they'll wake up c when she's sleeping. and of course i stress over the usual things - what to cook for dinner, if i even have time to cook dinner, going to the store, being home by a certain time when i'm out to feed my kid, spending time with my hubby, exercising, drinking enough water, starting bedtime routine on time, still having a job in a few years, being a good mom and wife, raising a child to love Jesus and the list goes on and on...
but amongst all my stressing, there are those moments that allow me to breathe... like when my husband wrapped his arms around me in the kitchen earlier today. or the few hours i spent playing with c and watching her roll from back to tummy for the first time (twice now that the video camera was nowhere near and she wouldn't repeat it). or just before putting her to bed, holding her close as she presses her cheek against mine while singing "Jesus loves the little children" to her. these are the moments i cherish.
so, in 2011, my goal is to relax. to quit getting so stressed out when my schedule doesn't go as planned. all in all to trust God and rely on Him quite a bit more. the one verse i have quoted over and over again as of late..."Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7
off to breathe...
| my lil' punkin luv at 1 mo. |
| it all finally melted today. |
I remember standing over Brooke's crib when she was two weeks old, sobbing my eyes out- I was trying to figure out how to tell Bill we couldn't have any more kids because I just couldn't handle the stress. Haha- now look at us! God will give you His peace- it can get better- the stressors are always there, but there's calm in the middle of the storm. I totally get the struggle. We love our babies so much and just want the best for them!
ReplyDeleteYou KNOW I KNOW what you are saying, cause I DO IT TOO! :) It's something God is really dealing with me about, but I have been given a little different slant on it. My word would be intentional. I must be intentional about what matters and the other stuff will fall into place. The only thing that I can do in this life that will last is bring glory to God and seek to be more like him. 2 Cor. 5:9 is my new life verse. Look it up. Also, the Romans 8:28-30 verses, but not focusing on the part about the good, but on the part that tells us that all (good, bad and ugly) is being used in our lives to make us more like Jesus. I'm figuring that the people in my life will be much better off if I have that as my goal instead of the pitiful day I could plan on my own. :) We need to talk. :)
ReplyDeleteI never knew you were sooooo Type A!!! (I have a bit in me as well-lol) Stress is so real and it is hard to get away from. I don't feel like i create it...it just happens, right? One thing I've learned is to change my thinking on some areas. Instead of always having to do the absolute right way all the time, it's ok, to allow "life" to happen. It's ok if Graham doesn't get to bed at 7:00 every once in a while...it won't kill him or his schedule...or if Parker eats chips at a birthday party, he isn't destined to be obese. I mean seriously...these are stressors for me. You'll get better, trust me, Cecelia and future children WILL help. The more you realize you don't control every situation, the better off you are. You are a GREAT momma...C will get it in a few years!
ReplyDelete