it all started this morning at breakfast when c spit out her milk on purpose (mommy milk mind you; the stuff is like liquid gold). i corrected her and obviously hurt her feelings. you would've thought i made her roll (since she's not crawling yet) across broken glass. it was major meltdown at 8:20 a.m. (had to be at work at 8:30). so i explained to her that mommy loves her very much but that she can't play with/spit out her milk. after getting her calmed down, she started in again! finally after 10 min or so, all was well.
she woke up early this morning so i figured her meltdown was partially due to some lack of sleep. i hoped the morning would go better for her, but she only napped 30 min. and then wouldn't eat well. then this afternoon, she still wouldn't eat well and i had a major issue happen at work.
after work, i came home and was determined to spend some quality time with c. i missed her and just wanted to be with my girl, especially after the day i just had. we stayed outside on a blanket for awhile. i tried to take her picture but each time i put her on her back, she would roll over. i would roll her back over and she would just laugh. it was priceless!
matt's bday is saturday, so after i put c to bed, i was going to go get his birthday present. honestly, after a long day, i was glad to just get out of the house. driving and shopping are my means of destressing. the plan was to stop at kroger and then go to target. on my way, i talked to God about today.
i pulled into kroger parking lot, parked the car and got out. i then remembered that i didn't have my wallet. i had left it on the entryway table. so, i got back in the car, called matt and told him i was coming home.
at this point i chose to just go with it because i probably could've cried! on my way back home, i heard a song - Zac Brown Band, Knee Deep.
Gonna put the world away for a minute
Pretend I don't live in it
Sunshine gonna wash my blues away
Had sweet love but I lost it
Got too close so I fought it
Now I'm lost in the world tryin to find me a better way
Wishin' I was
Knee deep in the water somewhere
got the blue sky, breeze and it don't seem fair
the only worry in the world
is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise, there's a fire in the sky
never been so happy
never felt so high
and I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise
Wrote a note, said "Be back in a minute"
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it
Don't think anybodies gonna miss me anyway
Mind on a permanent vacation
The ocean is my only medication
Wishin' my condition aint ever gonna go away
Now I'm knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze blowin' wind thru my hair
Only worry in the world
is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise, there's a fire in the sky
never been so happy
never felt so high
and I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise
This champagne shore watchin' over me
It's a sweet sweet life livin' by the salty sea
One day you can be as lost as me
Change your geography and maybe you might be
Knee deep in the water somewhere
got the blue sky breeze blowin' wind thru my hair
only worry in the world
is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise, there's a fire in the sky
never been so happy
never felt so high
and I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise
Come on in
the waters nice
find yourself a little slice
grab a backpack
otherwise you'll never know until you try
when you lose yourself
you find a key to paradise
Pretend I don't live in it
Sunshine gonna wash my blues away
Had sweet love but I lost it
Got too close so I fought it
Now I'm lost in the world tryin to find me a better way
Wishin' I was
Knee deep in the water somewhere
got the blue sky, breeze and it don't seem fair
the only worry in the world
is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise, there's a fire in the sky
never been so happy
never felt so high
and I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise
Wrote a note, said "Be back in a minute"
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it
Don't think anybodies gonna miss me anyway
Mind on a permanent vacation
The ocean is my only medication
Wishin' my condition aint ever gonna go away
Now I'm knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze blowin' wind thru my hair
Only worry in the world
is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise, there's a fire in the sky
never been so happy
never felt so high
and I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise
This champagne shore watchin' over me
It's a sweet sweet life livin' by the salty sea
One day you can be as lost as me
Change your geography and maybe you might be
Knee deep in the water somewhere
got the blue sky breeze blowin' wind thru my hair
only worry in the world
is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise, there's a fire in the sky
never been so happy
never felt so high
and I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise
Come on in
the waters nice
find yourself a little slice
grab a backpack
otherwise you'll never know until you try
when you lose yourself
you find a key to paradise
i listened to the lyrics and laughed!!! i LOVE the crystal clear blue waters of the virgin islands, as well as a few other places i've been to, but nothing compares to being at home with my husband and little girl. despite the cruddy day i had and the good laugh from the song, i didn't wish for one minute that i was somewhere else. life is harder now being a parent - more responsibility with less time to do it in it seems, but there's not one thing about it i would change. matt and c are my paradise.
after listening to the song i was in a lighter mood and ready to go back out. matt met me in the driveway with my wallet and back to the corridor i went. this time i put the windows down, opened the sunroof and turned my radio up. again i heard "knee deep" and sang along!
i skipped kroger and went to target. i had one gift in mind for matt....and guess what...they were sold out of it. so, i picked up a few other items and off to walmart i went, thinking they would have it in stock and even price match it for me! i walked back to electronics, saw one on display and asked if there were any in stock. "no, i'm sorry," was the response i got. i kindly thanked her, asked when she might get some more in and went to check out.
one thing i don't understand is why walmart, a company that takes in bazillions of dollars, has less than 5 checkouts open at 10 p.m.! craziness! after finally getting checked out, i get back in my car and head for home. on my way, i was listening to the radio and heard of a parent that had lost their child. my heart ached for them. at that moment, i wanted to hold my little girl so bad. i humbly thanked the Lord for a healthy baby and asked that He always spare her life. after getting home, i went in to peak at c, where she was sleeping soundly. i love that little girl so much.
since i hadn't eaten dinner, i made a few hot dogs (nitrate free ones; they are SO good). as i was walking out of the kitchen, i dropped one on the floor. seriously, it just got comical. it's been one thing after another all day long.
i'm glad it's 11 p.m. hopefully between now and when i go to bed, nothing else will happen...although now i wish i wouldn't have eaten the 2 hot dogs so late. ugh.
too funny. honestly, besides the work part, reading this felt like a typical day in my life. lol. Since children, things just go wrong all the time, and the only way to manage the frustration is to laugh and have lower expectations. The sweet faces of our children really help all the failed endeavors, don't ya think? lol.
ReplyDelete